After 15 years of Ultra running my wife has seen it all, her friends at work have heard it all, so they handed her a hard copy of 110 savoy statements that “You know your and ulltrarunner if”.. I laughed my a** off knowing this applies to all my fellow trail runners. So each week I though I would share a few of these statements written by various authors.
- You spend more time in the drug section than the food section of the local market.
- You wonder why they don’t make all running socks a dusty brown color.
- You have more dirt on your shoes then your garden.
- You think that flagel and ibutrophin belong on the breakfast table.
- You get more phone calls at 5AM than at 5PM.
- You don’t recognize your friend with their clothes on.
- You have more buckles then belts.
- You postpone your wedding because it will interfere with your training.
- You keep mistaking your boss for Norm Klein.
- 6AM is sleeping in.
- Your feet look better with out toenails.
- Your ideal of a fun date is a 30-mile training run.
- You’re tempted to look for a bush when there’s a long line for the public restroom.
- You don’t think twice about eating food you’ve picked up off the floor.
- You can expound on the virtues of eating salt.
- You develop an unnatural fear of mountain lions.
If you enjoy self-inflicted abuse this is the race for you, 22,000 feet of combined verticle at beautiful Snowbird Ski Resort, the ultimate areana for a trail running event. Let your crew take the tram and watch you run the toughest 50k around. Registration opens January 1st!